Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Got a ticket for my destination

We can finally put that age-old (generation-old?) question to rest. In what part of the country do you use the term 'sneakers,' and in what part do you use the term 'tennis shoes' or 'gym shoes?'

Nah. I'm just kidding! Most of my readers are adults! We don't care about THAT! The real question is where do we use 'soda,' where do we use 'pop,' and where do we inexplicably use 'coke?'

Here is your answer:

And for those of you that are adult-enough to not be able to see this clearly, you'll be happy to know that the term 'martini' is (ab)used the same way in all parts of the country.

4 comments:

Monte said...

Hey! That is so cool! Now I know. I still call it soda though, even though I grew up in pop country. Who knew?

Unknown said...

I totally agree with monte! That is the coolest thing ever! wow, nice find.

Bethanie said...

how funny! Wow--I love this. I'm proud to be from a "coke" area. :)

Unknown said...

Ordering a Coke for a generic soda makes no sense to me at all! What if you wanted a 7-Up? What do you end up getting???