Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Diner avec les voisins

I'm only moments in Colorado and am already looking for extravagent ways of entertaining myself and the people around me. Tonight, to the crooning of Edith Piaf, Leo Ferre and Maurice Chevalier I shared a delicious dinner with my husband and neighbors (who are cool enough to have come in costume).


The Menu

Kir


Strawberries soaked in Cointreau
Cointreau

Lavender Gin and Tonic


We listened to classic French music, ate with gusto, and had great conversation, occasionally marked by shouts of "Vive la France!" and "I surrender!" from my husband's end of the table.
.

P.S. If you make this meal, save some of the mushrooms and with leftover mushrooms, arugula, and goat cheese you can make a great egg white omelet, since you'll have six egg whites leftover from the creme brulee! Delicious.
.

2 comments:

DougieB said...

Zoot alour! Did you also laugh with an up-pointed and stuffy nose?

Aubrey said...

Oh boy - did we!